Wednesday, February 12, 2014

blogging...

...is a pain in the ass, literally and figuratively. You have to write a blog post, edit a blog post, add pictures, add videos, and then shamelessly promote it at all the social media sites, and for what? Being ignored, preyed upon by spambots, getting a nice case of 'roids, and not getting paid. Why do it, you ask? I honestly don't know.

I've been asked by the fine people at Moviepilot.com to be one of their 'trusted contributors'. I'm not sure what that means, however I'm doing what I have always done, which is write reviews that don't have a lot to do with the movie for movies few have people heard of or would want to watch. I am not abandoning Blogger, from what I gather I write the review here, then repost it at Moviepilot. That's fine, I guess. I don't mind writing the review once and double exposing it on another site, as I'm pretty lazy. If you don't mind reading (or not reading) something twice, I don't mind either. Moviepilot seems to have fewer spambots on it, so there's that. One drawback is that Moviepilot seems to be primarily superhero-centric. I like superheroes, but that's not my main focus. And I don't think the people who frequent Moviepilot want to read a review of Turkish Star Wars (Hey, maybe I should post my review of Turkish Star Wars on Moviepilot! That's me, always thinking ahead!).


http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/02/12/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-set-picture-sort-of-don-t-get-too-excited-1237524#!vtpn1

No comments:

Post a Comment