Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Ragnarok


Some unconvincing Norwegian archaeologists try to unravel the mystery of a strange set of runes in this adventure film. Featuring some lovely fjordy scenery and some suspect archaeology, the adventurers travel across the old Soviet border, fashion an unlikely raft, rappel into a foreboding cave, and flee from a giant serpent. There is one tense moment when the archaeologist's children are being dragged into the lake by the serpent, and one cliched moment when the same children hide from the serpent in a locker. I don't know an awful lot about Norway, or sea serpents, or archaeology, or Andrew Lloyd Webber, but here's a video by Gwar about the Viking legend of Ragnarok.


Like I said, I don't know an awful lot about Andrew Lloyd Webber, and I don't think the film Ragnarok has much to do with the legend of Ragnarok, either, but I've been wrong before.


No comments:

Post a Comment