Monday, July 11, 2011

Not Your Typical Bigfoot Movie: Terrible Movies #155


Appalachian eccentrics chase Bigfoot in this less-than-sympathetic documentary. Edited to exploit the down-on-their-luck Sasquatch-obsessed characters; the film seems to meander, lackadaisically tosses in a moment of tension at the 3/4 mark, then suddenly ends. I hope these guys can conquer their demons. Looking for a film where men cry, yell into the woods, and do Yeti stuff on the Internet? This movie's for you. Looking for Bigfoot? Look elsewhere. I watched it on Netflix Instant Streaming. Here's a trailer that concisely describes the real issues at the heart of the film; friendship, second chances, and lack of opportunity in Appalachia.

2 comments:

  1. I fell in love (platonicly) with Dallas and Wayne. Growing up in rural Georgia, I knew (and was related) to so many similar people, this one really hit home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the guys a lot more than I liked the film, and I really wanted to like it.

    ReplyDelete