Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thor



Thor was always my least favorite Avenger. I don't know why. Actually, I wasn't much of an Avengers fan. I always like The Vision, but he didn't end up appearing in that blockbuster movie this summer. I think I read The Defenders more, but that was years before discovering The X-Men. I was a DC fan anyway. DC has a higher ratio of jacked-up superheroes. I was fascinated by the heroes with the worst powers: Mr. Terrific, the man of 1000 talents who rarely displayed any of them, Ferro Lad, who could turn himself into solid iron, the original Red Tornado, who wore a bucket on her head as a disguise, Matter Eater Lad, who could eat anything; they were fallible and interesting. Thor, with your flying and strength and lightning and flowing blond locks; to you I say "Meh".

None of that is really important right now. I watched Thor on Netflix, and it was dimly lit. Directed by Kenneth Branagh, it reminded me of Hamlet only with muscles, dodgy CGI, and explosions. Since I hadn't seen Thor before watching The Avengers, a couple of things I didn't quite get makes sense now. Thor was alright. Here's a trailer where someone needs to turn on a light occasionally.





No comments:

Post a Comment