Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Frozen: Terrible Movie #26

Let me reiterate. I'm no longer sure what is good or bad. I need to watch something excellent to cleanse my palate. The outlook on a thorough palate cleansing is not so good.

I watched Frozen. I have no idea why I would watch this considering the weather for the past 2 months has been cloudy, snowy, windy, and wintry. Also, I don't like heights. So the thought of watching a movie where 3 unlikeable snowboarding young people grift their way onto the last chairlift up a mountain only to be stranded confounds me. While it was fairly tense and gripping; was it merely because I dislike cold weather, physical activity, heights, and being near irritating people? I don't know. I am going to have to say that if we are basing a modern film on the prospect that 3 people under the age of 30 do not have a single working cell phone on their person somewhere, even while doing strenuous outdoor activity, and they didn't tell anyone where they were going or what they were doing in this world of narcissism and instant communication, I'm going to have to cry "Bullcrap!" and the entire plot unravels. Could it happen? Sure, if those kids were Amish. I completely understand not wanting to lose your phone or the possibility of breaking it; but how do your peers know you're doing something cool if you aren't continuously texting or taking action photos while you're doing it? Even I do that, and I'm nearly ancient. On Netflix Instant Streaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment