Monday, January 10, 2011

Sometimes a good one sneaks in #5: The Philosopher Kings





My wife is growing tired of watching bad movies. I don't blame her, but I will persevere. I'm almost to my 25th bad movie review in little more than 2 weeks, and I would like it to be special. It won't be, but one can always hope. Anyway, I recommend The Philosopher Kings; a lovely, noble and moving documentary about custodians working in Ivy League schools. Invisible and omnipresent, these people who have lived harrowing lives and persevering through hardships that would destroy most people, often are the unseen force allowing these venerated institutions to continue functioning and are rarely acknowledged for the extremely important role they play. Very inspiring, and you should watch it. On Netflix Instant Streaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment