Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Road




A man and his son journey to the shore amidst a barren, scorched and nearly arctic Earth while covered in filth and surrounded by dampness and devastation in this nail-bitingly tense and unrelentingly grim film. Finely crafted and beautifully shot...you know, this film reminds of the fact that I would probably not survive if there was some sort of worldwide catastrophe. If we run out of Ovaltine the household is thrown into disarray. I can barely handle running out of milk, let alone having to wander through thousands of miles of wilderness in mind-numbing cold and having to forage for seeds and grubs for sustenance while outrunning bloodthirsty cannibals. I was recently caught in a downpour which drenched my shoes, and I nearly had a coronary. The characters in this film have grocery bags tied to their feet, for crying out loud. I am totally not apocalypse-ready. My children play a fun game where they make bets to see how long the members of our family would last during a zombie apocalypse, and they said I would last 15 minutes. I now think they're being generous. I watched The Road on DVD, and it made me happy to know I've got a box full of Swiss Cake Rolls on my lap and I can sit here by the warm, comforting glow of the television. Here's a trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment