Thursday, June 7, 2012

Killing Bono


Killing Bono is the true story of two friends who started bands in high school. One guy's band went nowhere. The other guy's band was U2. Killing Bono was well-shot and well-acted, and honestly, I just picked it because the title was intriguing. During the film I kept wondering to myself if Bono was actually going to die in the movie, but then I realized he doesn't because he's still alive making music and saving the rainforest and getting Nobel Peace Prizes or whatever it is that rock stars do. I don't wish Bono any particular harm; but he can be a bit much with the sunglasses and the rock-star posturing and the earnestness and whatnot, so I'm not ashamed to say I crossed my fingers for a moment and half-hoped he might get crushed by a falling safe or something. Does that make me a bad person? Don't answer that because I already know the answer. It's a moot point anyway. Spoiler alert: Bono survives. Regardless, I enjoyed the rivalry between the two bands, even though it was always one-sided. Side-note: Every time I wrote Bono in this review I misspelled his name as Bobo. I'm not sure why. Yes, I do. It's because I'm a bad person. I watched Killing Bono on Netflix. Here's a trailer:




No comments:

Post a Comment