Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4 Half-Assed Reviews

Due to circumstances beyond my control (sloth, ennui, procrastination, snacks), I watched 4 films and didn't review them.


Shallow Grave: After they realize their new flatmate hasn't left his room for several days, three caustic and amoral flatmates become concerned in this Scottish thriller. I've seen it before, and I liked it. I watched it on DVD. Here's a trailer:




Guru The Mad Monk: People stand around outside a church and talk with New York accents while wearing unconvincing period clothing in this poorly made film. That's pretty much it. There's a decapitation, and someone's hands get cut off, and a sign that says "The Lost Souls Of Moravia" someone taped over the church's actual sign is peeling off, and it's all very boring. Here's a trailer:




Crippled Masters: Um, yeah. It was offensive and awful.




Morons From Outer Space: Honestly, I didn't pay much attention to this one. I was eating a Stouffer's Macaroni And Cheese and couldn't be stopped. Then I had some blackberry pie with vanilla ice cream. From what I remember, it was reminiscent of Dr. Who or Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, only with some dodgy American accents.




Thanks for your patience during this difficult time.

5 comments:

  1. Your blackberry pie with vanilla ice cream was reminiscent of Dr. Who? I see your point. It's never been the same since Christopher Ecclestone left.

    I wouldn't be able to do more than a half-assed review of any of these films either. Not very good at all although the first one, with Christopher Ecclestone, was the best of a bad lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yes, it was whatever it was. And thanks for all the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome (belated) to HBA!
    http://bloodybrooklynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete