Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Battle Beyond The Stars


John-Boy Walton gathers a rag-tag group of extraterrestrials together to do something in this low-budget sci-fi film. John-Boy wears a daring scoop-neck top and Uggs, flips some very scientific-looking toggles, and sits in a spaceship cockpit looking earnest. John Saxon sports an Aladdin Sane-esque makeup tattoo. George Peppard drives a spaceship with an unfortunate Confederate flag on the side of his spacecraft and almost wins the battle of the plunging neckline against Sybil Danning. The action consists of cameras panning slowly over spaceship miniatures, lasers going 'pew-pew-pew', and George Pappard cooking hot dogs on a stick over an open fire. In space, no one can hear you yawn. I watched Battle Beyond The Stars on Netflix, but I think I saw it in the theater when it was released and I think I blocked it out of my memory. I watched Battle Beyond The Stars on Netflix. Here's a trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment