Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Cleveland Shoot, and some other stuff.

So I hit the road in my vintage Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate convertible this weekend so I could check out the filming of Captain America: The Winter Soldier in Cleveland. I really love the Alfa. It's fun to drive. It has its quirks, however. It can unfold its mechanical wings and fly, deploy floatation devices and sail the seas, overheat, and need to be repaired like nearly every five minutes. It's a magical car. I call it Shitty Shitty Dang Dang.

Anyway, I haunted the Captain America set like a ghost, hoping to get a couple of cool shots like I did for the filming of the Avengers.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2011/08/photos-a-pop-reader-peeks-at-the-avengers-set/1#.UZtrZitoRg0

So, yeah, I took a photo of a trailer and some phony cop cars.




It's not such a great photo. I got hassled by the man, roughed up, and hustled off the set by security like a sucker and they wouldn't let me back on because they realize how powerful I am, and by "hassled by the man, roughed up, and hustled off the set by security" I really mean they were very nice and said "I'm sorry sir, but you can't go down this street. Safety." which made me laugh. The only thing they kept me safe from was being totally awesome. Whatever.

Anyway, I realize this picture is somewhat anti-climactic but you'll be just fine.

Speaking of anti-climactic, my book is available for purchase at Amazon for Kindle. The past 15-odd months or so of writing this damn book has been an awful lot like riding a roller coaster, only you have to push the damn coaster up the hill yourself, jump in just before it heads over the top, ride it down at a million miles an hour through twists, turns, hills, valleys and loops, and then get criticized at the bottom by trolls in the comments section with reviews like, "Worst. Coaster. Ever."

Hold on tight. Here we go.


http://www.amazon.com/Stabford-Deathrage-Shoots-Mouth-ebook/dp/B00CW23R5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369139290&sr=8-1&keywords=stabford

1 comment:

  1. BTW, you don't have to have a Kindle to read it. There's an app for that.

    ReplyDelete