Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Their They're Controversy

It has recently been brought to my attention that I improperly used the word 'their' when I should have used 'they're' in my About Me section. It was an oversight, and it has been changed. I always hated my original About Me section, and I never could quite find the time/need/impetus/concern to change it. Of course, when I'm at most most stressed, I have it changed. And then I didn't notice it was wrong for weeks. Oh well.

However I had noticed that May 2013 has been my least visited month since May 2011. I can only attribute this drop in visits to the fact that A) I didn't post as much as I have in the past, and B) Only Grammar Nazis visit my blog. Well, for both of those things I think I'm supposed to be very sorry. I am something that resembles a human, and I have heard I have something that resembles human-like failings on rare occasions, and sometimes I heard through the grapevine that it's been rumored I have made a mistake in the past. I am doubtful, but it's possible. If I was capable of human emotion I think I might feel something that resembles deep regret that you felt the way you did. For that, please accept my executive assistant's apology. At Deathrage Industries, we strive for perfection. Mistakes are made at times, and it was probably my executive assistant who made them. Thank you for your continued patronage during this difficult time.

Like I said in my Captain America post, I self-published a book, and I have been busy with that. It's stressful and difficult writing a book, and I coincidentally complained about that a lot in it. So during this time, movies were less likely to be watched, and reviews were less likely to be written. Even though I drive a 1966 Volvo 1800 that can create wormholes, travel backwards and forwards in time, and cover great distances in the blink of an eye, there are only so many hours in a day. Cut me a little slack.

Anyway, I received some very nice messages saying that my book was 'funny' and 'inspiring', and that it made the readers hungry. That's awfully sweet to say, and I sincerely thank you. I am completely astounded that someone, anyone, would take the time to read a surreal, semi-imaginary, sci-fi travelogue interspersed with reviews of the approximately 107 Worst Movies Of All Time, complaints about living with Social Anxiety Disorder, and pictures of chili dogs; because that description sounds ridiculous and even I'm not sure it's a real thing. Well, it is real, I suppose.

I'm not really sure where I was going with all that, but I'd like to say thanks again for reading my book and visiting this blog. I've begun work on my second book, which is provisionally titled "Stabford Deathrage Goes To Hell".

OK, so that title doesn't sound so great. Don't get all bent out of shape. From what I hear, Hell isn't so bad, and it has miniature golf. Don't worry, I'll take pictures.

http://www.amazon.com/Stabford-Deathrage-Shoots-Mouth-ebook/dp/B00CW23R5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369853306&sr=8-1&keywords=stabford

No comments:

Post a Comment