Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Black Rat


Someone in a plush rat head brandishing an aluminum baseball bat exacts some sort of revenge against scenery-chewing teens in this Japanese horror film, but it's not very interesting. Unfortunately, the version I saw had no subtitles, so I'm not entirely sure what happened. However, I was able to discern there were a few twists and turns, but they seemed somewhat unlikely. I mean, if you're covered in blood and carrying around a big stick or a baseball bat or an ax and you think your want to kill someone with it, wouldn't you try to hit your intended target or would you just telegraph your blows so they're easily deflected and the scene can go on for a few more minutes? I'm assuming that's what's happening since everyone in Black Rat knows just enough martial arts to get by, but it's hard to tell since there were no subtitles. Eh, whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment