Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The American Hobo: Terrible Movies #176


Ernest Borgnine narrates this interview-style documentary and threatens to break a hip. OK, I know what your thinking. You're thinking, "Wow, that was outrageous, inconsiderate, and ageist." Not so. In the first 5 minutes of this film, Academy Award winner for Best Actor for the film Marty (1955) tightrope walks along some railroad tracks. The entire time I was thinking, "Oh crap, don't fall! Who approved this shot, and does your insurance company know about this?". So yeah, I only have Ernest's best interest at heart. I guess everything turned out alright, because he goes on to interview some extravagantly monikered hobos. We get to hear from Hopalong, Connecticut Shorty, Train Doc, Merle Haggard, Chooch, and Luther The Jet, but very little light is shown on their lives and why they chose a life on the rails. I watched it on Netflix.

Sorry, no trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment