Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wild Target: A Good One #107


It wasn't my intention to watch this movie. I was enjoying approximately half a carton of some unfortunately titled Ben And Jerry's Volun-Tiramisu when my dog sat on the remote and started the movie. Since I had paused momentarily for a refreshing spoonful, and I was growing increasingly tired of clicking through Netflix dreck, I figured Wild Target was about as good as it was going to get. I'm going to try to have a serendipitous beagle choose the movie with her ass more often.

Wild Target is a wry, zany, contradictory and somewhat implausible English crime caper film starring the stone-faced Bill Nighy, the delightful Emily Blunt, and one of the actors from that multi-billion dollar worldwide grossing teenage wizard franchise. It features a witty screenplay, several pratfalls, some humorous sight gags, and a Monty Python homage. I found it to be humorous and charming enough to suspend disbelief in the moments that don't make a whole lot of sense. Here's a clip. It's a high speed chase aboard a stolen Mini Cooper where drivers switch places en route then Emily Blunt eats a dine-and-dash sausage and smacks the crap out of that Harry Potter kid.



Again, it's on Netflix and if your dog is choosing the movie you could suffer through much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment