Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Kolchak: The Night Stalker


I spent the majority of the evening last night trying to sort out my Netflix queue, which they now call a list. I assume they changed it because people didn't know what a queue was. Way to dumb things down for everyone, Netflix. I wonder how many people wrote a letter to Netflix and said, "Hey Netflix, why don't you speak American and stop confusing us with words that start with the letter q?" and Netflix said "Sure, that sound reasonable and not at all crazy." and changed it.

So now I have two lists, one for me and one for Mrs. Deathrage, and I'm trying to sort out whose movies are whose. I have to figure out who put Endless Love in the queue, I mean list (it was me),  and who put Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band in the queue (that was me, too), and who put Happy Gilmore in the queue (I have no idea). Actually, it looks like 87% of Mrs. Deathrage's queue is actually mine, so it would probably be easier just switching names on them.

I decided to watch the episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker called The Knightly Murders where our rumpled, straw hatted, spazzy, reporter hero Kolchak investigates the murders of people trying to close down a museum and turn it into a disco. You know, that's not really a bad idea. Museums should behave more like a disco than a museum. It would be a lot more fun. Anyway, a knight goes around smashing people's heads in with a mace, and someone says, "Everyone only wants elevator shoes and karate lessons" which sounds right I guess, and someone else claims that they were going to redecorate David Bowie's house, which sounds like a dangerous proposition because of all the codpieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment