Monday, April 2, 2012

Daylight Savings


A slightly mopey musician breaks up with his girlfriend and takes a road-trip to Vegas in this black and white film. I liked its loose, improvised, naturalistic feel. There was a Q&A after the screening with the director, and lead actor Goh Nakamura serenaded the audience with an acoustic version of The Cure's song "Just Like Heaven". I watched Daylight Savings at the Cleveland International Film Festival, and I bought a copy of the movie on DVD from the director. I have to say that's a first for me, and it seemed like a small club/indie rock/DIY sort of thing to do. That's what makes going to festivals and celebrating independent film so special. You won't find Steven Spielberg doing that sort of stuff. Here's lead actor Goh Nakamura performing the song that plays a pivotal role in the film:


No comments:

Post a Comment