Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Shadow Of The Cat


A woman is bludgeoned to death by her money-grabbing relatives and a cat is the only witness in this confusing film. The cat supposedly knows too much, so the cast spends 45 minutes of film chasing it from one room of the house to another and sometimes shout "Kill that damn cat!". Winds howl, thunder cracks, lightning flashes, and someone reads Edgar Allen Poe. That's pretty much all that happens. There's some ridiculously chipper "I caught the cat in this bag and now I'm going to drown it in the swamp" music, some morose "The cat escaped and now I'm slowly drowning in the swamp for some reason" music, and some twinkly "The cat killed me by knocking me down the stairs" music. None of it is any good. It doesn't make an awful lot of sense why the cast thinks the cat is going to narc them out, and every once in a while someone unconvincingly attempts to explain why they would. I'm not buying it. My cat stops eating, becomes bewildered, and begs for more food when her nose hits the bottom of the cat food dish regardless of how much food remains in it; so I don't think she's capable of plotting and exacting revenge on anyone. I watched The Shadow Of The Cat on Youtube because I got tired of clicking around Netflix trying to find something to watch. Here's a clip of the first few minutes of the movie:



No comments:

Post a Comment