Monday, July 10, 2017

Twin Peaks: The Return: Episode 8 "Gotta Light"


I know I'm a few weeks late on this, but oh well.

I want you all to stop what you are doing and immediately watch Twin Peaks: Episode 8 "Gotta Light?".
To be properly prepared, I'll need you to watch the following films first:

En'tracte
Un Chien Andalou
L'Age d'Or
The Blood Of A Poet
Dracula
Frankenstein
The Old Dark House
Citizen Kane
Meshes Of The Afternoon
Tetsuo
8 1/2
Scorpio Rising
2001: A Space Odyssey
Plan 9 From Outer Space
The Creeping Terror
Psycho
The Exterminating Angel
Hausu
The Exorcist
Zero For Conduct
Kwaidan
Metropolis
The 400 Blows
Night Of The Hunter
The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari
Eraserhead
El Topo
A Zed And Two Noughts
The Last Of England
Decasia
Ichi The Killer
The Wages Of Fear
Carnival Of Souls
The Innocents
Delicatessen
Pi
Tales From The Gimli Hospital
Haxan
Night Of The Living Dead
Suspiria
This is an incomplete list, and still may not get you up to speed. Between screenings, listen to Krzysztof Penderecki's "Threnody To The Victims Of Hiroshima" and the collected works of Nine Inch Nails, and stare intently at Francis Bacon's "Figure With Meat". 


I can't really say it'll help, but it certainly couldn't hurt. 
Twin Peaks: The Return: Episode 8 "Gotta Light" is one of the most astonishing episodes of television, heck, CINEMA, I've ever seen, reminding me of the joy, confusion, and terror of seeing Eraserhead for the first time many decades ago, where I feared that exposure to that particular film could possibly have forever mutated my genes.
If you're confused, watch it again.
Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter.

1 comment:

  1. The text is really dark on this post. I considered changing it, but thought again. It's fine the way it is.

    ReplyDelete