Thursday, April 11, 2013

24 hours...

It's been 24 hours since I sent my one and only literary agent query letter. Since it's been nearly almost forever since I sent it, I can only assume it has been read and enthusiastically received with the sound of one hand clapping.

Fine, literary world. Have it your way.

You might have noticed a few things about me.

  1. I have very limited patience.
  2. I'm used to getting my way.
  3. I don't do things in the traditional sense.
There's an old adage that goes, "If you want things done right, shove 'em down the elevator shaft and do it yourself." It's what I should have done from the get-go. I never once considered what I do "literature". Heck, it barely qualifies as writing. In fact, I never even said I was a writer, so to try to find validation of what I do by acquiring a literary agent was probably a bad idea.

'Act now, and apologize later.'

I am a very busy person. I have movies to watch. There's adventuring to be done. I have another book to write. I'm now 20 movie reviews behind. And these snacks aren't going to eat themselves.

I'm doing it myself, so get out of my way.

Unless a better offer comes along. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment