Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Mole People




John Agar and Ward Cleaver star in this film where some dudes accidentally fall into an underground world where men dressed like Keebler elves whip Zoidberg-esque creatures and, well, I'm not sure what else happens. The film opens with a guy who gestures awkwardly at a globe in front of books in an attempt to look scientific while he talks about globes within globes and I wonder what the heck he's talking about. Then after much avalanche footage, somehow John and Ward are cornered by the Keeblers and have an unconvincing sword-fight deep underground in front of terrible matte paintings and I wish I never started this movie. People walk around in caves waving flashlights and sometimes people are dragged underground by Zoidberg monsters and it's very, very boring. I'm not sure if the movie's title is describing the Keeblers or the Zoidbergs but it doesn't matter. I watched The Mole People on Youtube and you shouldn't. Here's a trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment