Tuesday, February 28, 2012

These Amazing Shadows: The Movies That Make America


People attempt to save America's film heritage in this excellent documentary. Featuring many clips of the films added to The National Film Registry, many interviews with folks who have something to do with movies, but sadly little footage of actual restoration (They probably thought that would be boring. It's not.); it was tons better than the 84th Annual Academy Awards. It made me want to watch a bunch of good films for a change, but I try not to. What good is that going to do me? A huge pile of nothin', that's what. Everyone talks about the good stuff, but who is talking about Devil Girl from Mars? Nobody, that's who. I watched it on Netflix so I can get it out of my queue because they just added a bunch of crap which I then added to my queue and didn't watch because that seems to make perfect sense. Here's a trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment