Friday, March 30, 2012

The Baby



I'm taking a break from the film festival. Just a brief one, though. Back to it on Sunday. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop watching movies. Just not quite as many. I have a lot of stuff to do, and I need to cleanse my palate with something terrible. Writing reviews for good movies is awfully boring. Everything has to be just so, and I can't go on my wacky stream-of-consciousness rants. Bah. 

The Baby is a not-very-horrifying horror film where a grown man wearing a diaper wimpers in a crib. There's a grown woman wearing ponytails and curlers, a grown man wearing a Little Lord Fauntleroy outfit, a grown woman with a cold sore, a cattle prod, rattan furniture, and a bad-ass Dodge Dart. There's also funky jazz, awkward boogeying, too many WTF moments to list here, and someone says "hang loose" without a hint of irony. I think there might be an extremely subtle psychological subtext going on in this film that all women are stabby infant-obsessed bitches and all men are gigantic lazy breast-feeders who can't change their own soiled garments, but I might be wrong. Here's a trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment