Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lovecraft: Fear Of The Unknown


Neil Gaiman, Guillermo Del Toro, and John Carpenter appear in this documentary about the horror writer. You know, I'm always bothered when people go on about Lovecraft and his unauthorized biographies of Cthulhu. Lovecraft never even met Cthulhu. H.P. Lovecraft made most of that stuff up. Cthulhu and I were roommates at Miskatonic University. We called him Chip back then, and he hated it. He was an average student and liked to party. His tentacles were a source of some embarrassment, and he was never a big hit with the chicks. He has difficulty finding pants that fit so his khakis are always just a little too short. I give him a hard time about it. He likes ping-pong. We still go out for drinks every so often, and if the bar has it he'll have an absinthe or two to try and impress people even though he doesn't really enjoy it. He borrowed a colander from me a couple of weeks ago for some unknown reason, and he owes me $20 even though he gets a nice income from all that cheesy Cthulhu-related merchandising. I'll never see that colander or the twenty bucks again. So all you Cthulhu fan-boys should settle down. Anyway, I watched Lovecraft: Fear Of The Unknown on Snagfilms. Here's a trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment