Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Night Caller





A glowing orb from Ganymede lands in England and then suddenly there's a freaky Walker Brothers-esque theme song in this slow moving sci-fi film. It's very well shot, but glacially paced. There's a rubber monster claw reaching out from behind a door, a pretty good Monster POV shot, Velma drops her glasses, and the monster makes a getaway in a stolen car. I'm not sure why. The dry British 'acting' in this film caused me to nod off around the half-way point, and I figured I've seen it all. You can't make me watch the rest. It wasn't awful, but I'm not willing to risk it. I watched The Night Caller on Youtube. Here's a clip:


Oops. Someone replaced my unnecessary clip of The Night Caller with this very necessary clip of The Walker Brothers singing "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine (Anymore)", and I feel pretty good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment