Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Matter Of Taste: Serving Up Paul Liebrandt


Chef Paul Liebrandt's career is examined in this documentary. We see Chef Liebrandt's career ups-and-downs while several avant-garde dishes are photographed, but otherwise the film is not much to look at. I started to feel bad for the acclaimed chef as he relentlessly chased an elusive 3-star New York Times review. I know exactly how he feels. I have several shelves loaded with plaques and trophies and other accolades I have to dust all the time, but it just tears my heart out to see an empty spot where MY 3-star New York Times review goes. I'm incomplete without it, and I have an emptiness inside somewhere I think possibly. Or that could be hunger. Anyway, I give A Matter Of Taste a meh. I watched it on Netflix. Here's a trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment