Monday, September 17, 2012

Dark Shadows


Halloween preparations have kicked in to high gear at Deathrage Towers, therefore I haven't been watching as many movies as I usually do. I've been decking 42 floors with completely original Halloween decoration ideas which takes a lot of black and orange construction paper, and by "completely original" I really mean "totally stolen from Martha Stewart". Hey, laugh all you want, but Martha is a bad-ass at Halloween. I don't give a crap what she does the other 11 lame months of the year, but she has my attention in October. I honestly don't want to make 4th Of July Honeycomb Tissue Garland Globes (a real thing), or a Daffodil And Pom-Pom Chick Basket (another real thing), or a Bay Leaf And Pomegranate Garland (also a real thing); but if she's offering up some Almond Brownie Coffins With Marzipan (totally a real thing) or Bloody Black Currant Punch (you get the point), I'll take some. Plus, she's kind of evil, she's done some hard time, and she bosses around crafting minions in her billion dollar tissue-pompom-daffodil-garland empire and that's something I can appreciate.

So, in between my hot-gluing and purchasing ridiculous items from the crafting super-warehouse, I've been watching a few more episodes of Dark Shadows, and by "a few more" I mean 1 or 2 or 30. It's still slow moving, the camera still makes shadows, and lines are still flubbed. I've watched like 40 or 50 or 60 episodes, and I think it's only been about 20 minutes in Dark Shadows time. That's ok, though. It's still creepy and gothic, and I get a kick out of it. It's on Netflix, and I only have about 1200 episodes to go.



And here's a clip where Martha Stewart forces one of her crafting minions to create a glowing oobleck at gunpoint. FYI, an oobleck is a non-Newtonian fluid that is neither liquid nor solid, and she probably isn't packing any heat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment