Tuesday, March 12, 2013

More Half-Assed Reviews

Something in the dining room of the penthouse of Deathrage Towers smells like a foot. I can't find what is causing the stench due to the piles of dirty laundry scattered hither and yon. The kitchen sink is filled with dirty dishes. If I wasn't ill with bronchitis, I would fire everyone who had anything to do with the penthouse being a filthy pig-sty. Unfortunately, I'm continuously coughing, and I don't have the strength to push my minions down the elevator shaft, because clearly they had something to do with it. They overpower me and run away. If I knew the culprits' names, I would write an email to Human Resources and have them do it. Unfortunately, I'm much too busy, even while I'm coughing and struggling to breathe.

Even though I'm stricken with consumption, or the gryppe, or an ague, I forget which; I managed to watch several movies, and I'm just not going to get around to writing reviews for them.


The Antics Road Show is a film that has something to do with art-prankster Banksy, and it's about various pranks. I liked it, but I don't think I get the point of it.



I enjoyed Bridesmaids, but I was expecting something a little more riotous. I may have been the last person on the planet to see this film. I was certainly the last person in Deathrage Towers to see it. Melissa McCarthy amazes, and Wilson Phillips made me very angry.



An interplanetary trader is pursued in this noir outer space musical. Filmed in stark black and white, The American Astronaut is surprisingly tuneful.



Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow is a documentary about an artist. I don't know his name, because there were no opening credits. He wears flip-flops while working with fire, molten lead, and broken glass, so I'm assuming he's a hippie. Anyway, lots of foreboding music played, and we see beautiful photography of various tunnels, ruins, rust, and decay. It's very nice; but it's a lot like 2001: A Space Odyssey, except if it was approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes of monolith and the monolith was a gigantic painting of trees covered in ash. Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow is all monolith all the time, except where there was some interview footage, and then you really wished there was some more gripping monolith action, because the interview is as tedious as watching grass grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment