Thursday, June 18, 2015

Avengers Grimm


Female fairy tale heroes travel through a magic mirror to Los Angeles to battle Mayor Rumpelstiltskin, drive a Chevy, and get into fights in seedy dive bars in this mockbuster based ever-so-slightly on The Avengers from low-budget film studio The Asylum. First of all, I'm going out on a limb and stating that I didn't mind Avengers Grimm. Sure, there are camera shadows and dodgy CGI, but there isn't a single Asylum helicopter scene in it. Plus, there's bustiers, somersaults, and some Little Red Riding Hood kung fu. Sadly, there's also Lou Ferrigno's bald cap, which is extraordinarily distracting and ill fitting. I was also a little bothered that the villain was a powerful recluse who lives in a penthouse, and I hope I don't have to become litigious if Rumpelstiltskin's character was based on me, because I had almost nothing to do with Starship Troopers.


No comments:

Post a Comment