Monday, January 30, 2012

Carnival Of Crime





Carnival Of Crime is, well, um, I'm not sure what it is. Crudely fashioned from chunks of other terrible movies, one of the larger chunks has something to do with sudsy South American inter-office romance and murder, and one of the smaller chunks has something to do with foliage-obscured mushtached mercenaries looking through binoculars and walking into tree branches. You'll see plenty of stock airplane footage, stock boat explosion footage, stock monkey footage, and stock otter footage. There are jungle sound effects and lots of Foster-Grants. There's also shaky camera-work, haphazard editing, awful dialogue, and an over-all first take feel. The film score and film stock seems to come from two distinct eras. The soapy romance has actual sets with real furniture, while the mercenary part was filmed in the woods and sets consist of various twigs and chicken wire. Talky and boring, nothing ever seems to happen. I watched a dreadful print on the DVD set 32 Drive-In Cult Classics, and I sure wish I hadn't. Here is a clip:

ik/
gy/80gyb8;l.gr6"?Y>de45 ,d,5,

Yawn. Oh, I'm sorry. Seems as though I nodded off there, and my face landed on the keyboard. I'll try not to let it happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment