Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ghost Bird


October is finally here, and I'm going to try my best to only watch horror movies. I think it's going to work out just fine.

I was really itching to watch a horror film about a paranormal bird, so I watched Ghost Bird on Netflix. Unfortunately, Ghost Bird is about an ordinary bird, not a spectral one. Well, it is kind of spectral bird, because it's about the seemingly extinct ivory-billed woodpecker. But I thought it was going to be about some horrifying bird that rises from the tomb to exact its bloodthirsty revenge on the townspeople that never understood it, or maybe about a zombie bird that roams the urban landscape eating brains. Actually, Ghost Bird does have an awful lot of bird corpses in it, but not the fun kind that shuffles around killing people. Just the regular old dead kind, except they're 100 years old and kept in special bird-corpse drawers in a museum, and that's not especially frightening.






No comments:

Post a Comment