Friday, January 23, 2015

Sweet Movie




I've gone on this rant before in, I don't know, maybe 500 movie reviews, but seriously, I don't care what era the movie was filmed in or the socio-economic challenges of the time, but there's just no excuse for the shocking reality of wicker furniture.


Film-makers, if your budget only allows for set design to include a wicker fan chair, then don't make your film. I don't care if you're making a political statement about capitalism by including a sequence featuring a wicker chair. Don't do it. I don't care if you decide to go upscale and include a piece of modern, stylish white linen-covered wicker furniture that looks like two hammocks. Don't do it.


And I certainly don't care if you decide to use a piece of wicker furniture that looks like the car Gary Numan drove around in Urgh! A Music War. Don't do it.



OK, after watching that clip from Urgh! A Music War, I've softened my stance on whether or not film-makers should use wicker furniture that looks like the tiny future car Gary Numan drove around in Urgh! A Music War, and by "softened my stance" I mean "film-makers should use footage of Gary Numan driving around a tiny future car in all their films". I'd watch that movie. It would be sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment