Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Double


In a world where everything is antiquated, in need of repair, in need of a good scrub, in need of a coat of paint in any color but olive drab, ill-fitting, and probably formerly soviet, a man meets his doppelgänger. The Double is appropriately stagey, artificial, and dystopian, fitting for a film based on Dostoyevsky's novella. The bureaucracy of The Double is equally as villainous as the main character's double.

I live in fear that I might have a doppelgänger. Somewhere out there, someone could be my exact opposite, and plotting my downfall. Someone could be thoughtful, caring, considerate. Someone could be sitting around not watching movies, not eating Junior Mints, not being a successful entrepreneur, not having billions of dollars at their disposal, in other words, being totally, totally lame. I shudder at the thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment