Monday, April 6, 2015

Bandh Darwaza


Featuring singing, dancing, and bleeding from the eyes, Bandh Darwaza is a 2 and 1/2 hour-long Knots Landing-esque Bollywood Vampire film, and I'm just as surprised as you are by that sentence. Unfortunately, the DVD of Bandh Darwaza contained no subtitles, so I'm not entirely certain what happened, but I don't think it ultimately matters. Here's a snapshot I took from Bandh Darwaza of some sort of bat creature statue, and I'm not certain what it has to do with the plot:



I purchased the DVD at Wild And Woolly Video, which was a fantastic video rental store in Louisville, Kentucky, and I'm sad to say it recently closed. I looked for a picture of Wild And Woolly Video from my trip to Louisville, but I can't find it. Instead, please enjoy this snapshot I took of the grave of Colonel Sanders:


Anyway, Bandh Darwaza consisted mostly of some limp horror cliches broken up by scenes of people singing on mountaintops or singing near waterfalls, and the limp horror cliches seem to take place in gothic catacombs which are fairly plentiful in India, or so I've heard. There's a spectacular fight scene involving flaming torches, whips, chains, and horse hypnotism, and by 'spectacular' I really mean 'confusing and brief considering how long this movie is'.


No comments:

Post a Comment