Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Arena: Salvador Dali


Here's the deal. I'm way behind in my reviews, so that's why they're dull and brief. I went on vacation, then I became stricken with a lethal case of slack. I'm trying to get my act together, but I keep watching movies, and I keep falling behind.

Anyway, this documentary is about the surrealist painter. It's not much to look at, doesn't have enough Dali-style wackiness, and it's a little boring. Still, in my opinion, documentaries about surrealist painters on Youtube are better than almost anything currently in the New Release section of Netflix. Oh lighten up already, that's clearly an outrageous statement made for comedic effect. By the way, I went to the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg years ago and would love to go back, because somewhere along Highway 4 in Florida is this crazy restaurant that had the best red velvet cake I've ever had. Sadly, I don't recall the name of this restaurant, and it haunts me. The art was good, too.

Sorry, but there doesn't seem to be a trailer for Arena: Salvador Dali. Here's a relatively harmless clip from Dali's film Un Chien Andalou; although it does have ants, an armpit, and a severed hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment