Wednesday, June 19, 2013

More Half-Assed Reviews


I recently interfaced with my Internet Technology And Social Networking Team, and coordinated a round-table discussion on enriching my marketing concepts, reinforcing my online presence, and forwarding my brand. After approximately 15 minutes, the round-table discussion devolved into eating all my snack cakes and watching Youtube videos of nerds playing Minecraft. I'm not sure any of those things are actual things. So I shoved everyone down the elevator shaft and did it myself.

http://stabforddeathrage.wix.com/stabford

It's not very good, but there you go.

So I guess it's time to clean out some of the reviews from my drafts that I'm honestly never going to get around to finishing because I'm much too busy Googling myself.

L'Age d'Or


As you probably already know, I'm a big fan of surrealism, and L'Age D'Or is the granddaddy of all surrealism movies. Decades after it caused riots and was banned, it's still somewhat shocking. Yes, there's statue toe-sucking because that's fine.


Terror Of Mechagodzilla


Giant Japanese monsters battle one another and destroy a miniature Japan. Yep, that's pretty much it, although this time one of the monsters is mechanized. Terror Of Mechagodzilla is better than some of the other films in the Godzilla series, but it still boils down to the basic plot. Don't get me wrong, I'll watch a Godzilla movie at the drop of a hat, but there's not much else I can really say about them.


Godzilla's Revenge


Speaking of Godzilla, Godzilla sort of guest stars in this film about an irritating kid who encounters bank robbers and the rigid-faced son of Godzilla while chunks of other Godzilla movies occasionally play. It was irritating.


Paranorman




A young boy who can communicate with the dead is bullied in this cute animated film. It contains lots of references to horror films the kiddies probably won't get, and I was astonished at the intricate stop-motion animation techniques that were used. 


The History Of Future Folk


An alien's plan to destroy the world with a flesh-eating virus is sidetracked by bluegrass in this wry, clever film. I enjoyed The History Of Future Folk quite a bit, and I would love to see Future Folk perform live in Brooklyn next time I'm there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment