Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Car: Terrible Movies #212






The 1970s were the turquoisiest of all the decades, I guess. James Brolin stars in this corny turquoise jewelry filled horror film where a murderous black car runs over french horn enthusiasts and short-short wearing bicyclists for no discernible reason. It's reminiscent of Jaws, except if Jaws sucked and was very, very dusty. Here's a clip:


Oops. Someone replaced the clip from The Car where someone shouts 'cat poo' with this absurd clip of David Hasselhoff "singing" about a car.

Whoa.

Sorry about that. Oh, here it is:


Thank you to the very helpful person who uploaded that to Youtube, because you wouldn't have believed me if just I told you it existed. Anyway, The Car contains more marching bands that I generally like in a supposedly demonic automobile horror movie where the plotting, stalking and lurking car seems to be especially sensitive to insults. And don't forget the sideburns. There seems to be an awful lot of sideburns. I'm not sure why. I watched The Car on Netflix Instant Streaming. Here's a dusty trailer.

Yes, I just said that, and I'm not sorry:






No comments:

Post a Comment