Monday, July 29, 2013

The Hairdresser


An unemployed hairdresser with a penchant for wearing fruit-shaped earrings is discriminated against because of her weight in this German comedy. I had a very relaxing and serene couple of hours at the botanical gardens today. I don't really enjoy the outdoors, but it's nice to visit it occasionally; just as long as I can go back home, sit on the couch, eat pizza, and not visit the outdoors for a long, long time. I don't have much of a green thumb, but it's nice to see the finished product when someone actually has one and puts a little time and effort into trying to get plants to grow.

Here's a snapshot I took of some sort of plant. I think it's called a 'flower'.



Like I said, I don't like the outdoors, and I'm not very good with plants. The only plant still alive in Deathrage Towers is a small aloe. I've had it several years, and it hasn't changed in any way. It's still the same size and shape as it was when I first acquired it. I believe it sits on a shelf in a meeting room on either the 22nd or 23rd floor. It's very nice. The aloe, that is, not the shelf. Or the meeting room. I don't like the meeting room, and I don't go in it very often. It's dreary. Hey, you know what would liven that meeting room up? Some nice plants.

Now that I've had a second to think about it, I wonder if that aloe is alive? I don't water it, and I'm not sure anyone else does, either. I wonder if I have a department that handles that sort of thing?

Upon further reflection, I'm almost certain that actual living plants need to be A) in sunlight, B) watered sometimes, and C) fed occasionally. I've done none of those things.

That settles it. Sometime within the next few weeks I will hold a meeting to A) create a department that creates a department within the company whose sole function is to care for any plants on the premises, B) allocate resources to the care and management of said plants, and C) determine if that aloe is a real living plant or a phony one made out of plastic. I will have Executive Assistant write up a memo, and post it near the aloe. We'll get to the bottom of that.

So, what we're we talking about?

Oh yeah. So I watched The Hairdresser on Netflix, and unfortunately, it was in German with no subtitles. I enjoyed it, I think, but I'm not really sure what happened. The movie wrapped up a lot of stuff in the last few minutes, and then seemingly ended. I assume it was a comedy.






No comments:

Post a Comment