Monday, May 14, 2012

The Avengers



I'm already behind 2 movies in my summer movie viewing because I missed The Raven and Dark Shadows (I still might go see that tonight, but I wouldn't bet on it), although if you think about it I'm right on schedule considering how many movies I watched in the theater last summer which was the grand total of one. I dislike going to the theater. People walk around, they talk, they text, they breathe. It's irritating. Why should I leave the sanctity of my home and sit with strangers in the dark when I have a humungous television, surround sound, and snacks right here? I can buy my own damn Junior Mints and pay less than $5 a box, I can pause the movie if I have to hit the john, and I don't have to hear all that damn breathing.

Moving on, I watched The Avengers. It's already been in theaters for all of ten whole days and everyone and their best friend has seen it and reviewed it, and I don't have a lot to add. That's not really what I do anyway. I watch crappy stuff and complain about it. Anyway, The Avengers is a bit slow going in the beginning; but the script really crackles when all the heroes get together, and the effects are unbelievable. They should have named it The Loki Show, but usually superhero movies are ultimately all about the villain anyway. And I'm glad shawarma is finally getting the onscreen shout-out it deserves. Order the shawarma if you're ever in Detroit. They do a really great job there. I once had to spend two weeks in a Residence Inn outside Detroit for reasons I'm not going to go into here, and I ate shawarma every single day while I was there. 

Every. Single. Day. It was Awesome with a capital A. 

I took a bunch of pictures of the Avengers movie set last year, and a couple were published at USA Today's Pop Candy. Here are some of them. Enjoy. Go get some shawarma with extra pickle and hot sauce:


Here's a trailer featuring some of the stuff I took pictures of:


No comments:

Post a Comment