Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Lost And Found Video Night Vol. 1


I recently discovered a great video rental store in Chicago called Odd Obsession, which seems to categorize every film they have under director, and I'm totally for it. What other way to separate the casual film enthusiast from the flat out obsessed? Pardon me if I sound a bit elitist, because I'm sure I do and I'm sure I don't care, but the only good video rental store is a store that has a section devoted to the Shaw Brothers and keeps all the mainstream films in a section in the back of the store where they belong.


Anyway, I watched Lost And Found Video Night Vol. 1, which is a slapped-together compilation of inexplicable clips from found VHS tapes. It's dreadful and fascinating. Featuring clips of some dude playing air drums to Metallica, the Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling, a Bollywood film, a Crispin Glover music video, and other unspeakable things, it's really something. What it is, I don't know, but I know it's something.


I'm not sure who decided that the Velvet Underground goes great with Lawrence Welk, but they are Godlike Genius.


Speaking of Godlike Genius, I'm in the market for a pair of rhinestone studded bellbottoms.



And then there's that.

With its terrible image quality and questionable subject matter, Lost And Found Video Night Vol. 1 isn't for beginners, but it's just right for those who think they've seen it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment