Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Evil Dead


It's difficult to decide on a movie that my entire family would enjoy. Fortunately, we don't have to. My movie needs usurp anyone else's, so anyone wanting to watch a romantic comedy or an informative documentary is completely out of luck. I forced the family to watch The Evil Dead. It's the only logical thing to do, and it's great because no one had seen it, so I can laugh while everyone else is horrified. I'm not sure how exactly, but my family have become savvy film viewers. They point out every continuity error, every lapse in the screenplay, every false note in the film. It's fantastic. They're jaded, awful people. I don't know where they get it from.

So, The Evil Dead is a classic horror film, but it's not without its problems. My family was quick to point them out. I ignored that. The short-coming are far outweighed by the positives. Sure, the script is slight, there are several continuity errors, and there's little character development. But the camera-work is interesting, the lighting is dramatic, and there's gallons and gallons of gore. And it's funny. Well, I think it's supposed to be funny. I laughed anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment